Since Flat Selection Notification has been sent out before the flat selection date, the Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA), Hong Kong Housing Society (HS) and the Housing Department (HD) do not guarantee that flats will be available for selection by the time the applicant shows up at the appointed time. If the allocated quotas / flats for the applicant’s application category have been exhausted, the flat selection appointment arranged for the applicant will be cancelled, please pay attention to the latest sales position.
At the time of flat selection, the applicant and the family members listed in the application form must meet all the eligibility criteria of the application under the sale exercise from submission of the application form up to the date of signing the Agreement for Sale and Purchase (ASP) of a HOS flat/recovered Tenants Purchase Scheme (TPS) flat of the HA or the Preliminary Agreement for Sale and Purchase (PASP) of a ‘Subsidized Sale Flats Project’ (SSF) of the HS and make relevant declarations again. For any changes in the family circumstances (including but not limited to the family size, marital status, employment status, income, assets and domestic property ownership), or the total monthly income/ net asset value of the family has exceeded the prescribed limits, or private property ownership has been acquired (if applicable) of the Applicant and/or any family members listed in the application form, they should inform the HA such changes at the Home Ownership Scheme (HOS) Sales Unit (the Sales Office) for reassessment of the eligibility of application and priority for flat selection. Should there be any changes in the personal particulars or family circumstances which render them ineligible, the application will be cancelled.
Note: All flat selection sessions under the current Home Ownership Scheme sale exercise have been completed, with relevant Agreements for Sale and Purchase signed. (updated on 28.2.2023)
- During the flat selection period, applicants may view the updated sales position on the display screens at the lobby of HA Customer Service Centre (Podium Level 1, 3 Wang Tau Hom South Road, Lok Fu, Kowloon). The operation hours of display screens are from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily, inclusive of Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
- The daily sales position would be updated and uploaded at 8:00 p.m. of each flat selection date to the HA/HD website (www.housingauthority.gov.hk/hos/2022). In addition, the number of HOS flats still available for flat selection will be updated at the HA Sales Hotline - 2712 8000 at 10:00 p.m. daily.
Eligible applicants can choose to buy a flat (if any)
- HOS 2022 and HS SSF Green Form Applications (Green Form) eligible applicants can choose to buy a HOS flat, HS SSF or recovered TPS flat (if any);
- HOS 2022 and HS SSF White Form Applications (White Form) eligible applicants can choose to buy a HOS flat or# HS SSF (if any).
(# Note: Flats owners under the HA’s TPS for less than 10 years can only buy HOS flats of the HA.)
- The applicant must become the owner of the flat purchased.
- The applicant, one of the adult family members intending to be a joint-owner and the elderly member who join the “Priority Scheme for Families with Elderly Members” must turn up for flat selection and completion of ASP at the HOS Sales Unit in person.
- If an applicant or any family member who intend to become a joint owner (including the elderly member) is not able to turn up in person to complete the relevant formalities, he/she is required to obtain prior written approval from the HOS Sales Unit and sign a valid Power of Attorney at a solicitor firm to authorize a family member aged 18 or above listed on the application form to complete the purchase on his/ her behalf. If the applicant is the only person listed in the application form, he/ she may authorize another relative to complete the purchase on his/ her behalf, provided that the authorized person is aged 18 or above and is holding a valid Power of Attorney. Applicants shall submit a written application to HOS Sales Unit as early as possible before the date of flat selection so that the purchase formalities can be completed without delay due to the obtaining the Power of Attorney. Applicants need to bear and be responsible for all the fees required for obtaining the Power of Attorney.
- The above authorisation arrangement is only applicable to the purchase of a HOS flat / a recovered TPS flat of the HA. Such authorisation is not applicable to the purchase of a SSF of the HS. Eligible applicants who intend to select the HS SSF, shall, together with all the family members listed on the application form who intend to be owner/joint owner (including the elderly member joining the Priority Scheme for Families with Elderly Members), turn up in person at Podium Level 1, Hong Kong Housing Authority Customer Service Centre to make Statutory Declarations in accordance with the Laws of Hong Kong for declaring that all the information and documentation provided in support of the application are true, correct and accurate, and to execute the PASP and all relevant documents.
- The applicant should come to the Sales Office for registration 15 minutes before the flat selection session as scheduled.
- After registration of all applicants, the attending applicants will be listed according to their flat selection priority. They will then be arranged to enter the flat selection room accordingly. Applicants should take note of the latest information on flats available for selection displayed at the screens of the HOS Sales Unit. For all applicants who have been arranged to enter the flat selection room, selection of flat is on “first select first served” basis (subject to acknowledgement by computer). The selected flat, once confirmed by applicants, cannot be changed.
- Flat Selection Notifications will be issued according to the application category and the order of priority. Applicants who fail to keep their appointment will lose their eligibility for flat selection and their flat selection priority will be taken up by others lower in the queue. If an applicant turns up at the HOS Sales Unit at the appointed time but fails to purchase a flat while stock still lasts, he/she will be deemed as giving up his/ her chance of flat selection. The applicant will not be given another chance for flat selection again under the same application category.
- If an applicant needs to change his/ her appointment (the appointment can only be postponed but cannot be advanced), he/ she has to seek the HOS Sales Unit’s prior approval in writing.
Buyer should bring along with him/ her cashier’s order(s) and personal cheque(s) for paying the deposit. The amount for paying deposit are:
Green form buyer
Applicable to the purchase of HA’s HOS flats
in the sum of HK$59,000 by cashier’s order(s) which is made payable to “HONG KONG HOUSING AUTHORITY”. If the amount of such cashier’s order is less than 5% of the purchase price, any outstanding balance should be paid by a personal cheque upon signing of the ASP (payment by company cheque and in cash will not be accepted).
Applicable to the purchase of recovered TPS flats
in the sum of HK$7,000 by cashier’s order(s) which is made payable to “HONG KONG HOUSING AUTHORITY”. If the amount of such cashier’s order is less than 5% of the purchase price, any outstanding balance should be paid by a personal cheque upon signing of the ASP (payment by company cheque and in cash will not be accepted).
- Applicable to the purchase of HA’s HOS flats
White form buyer
Applicable to the purchase of HA’s HOS flats
in the sum of HK118,000 by cashier’s order(s) which is made payable to “HONG KONG HOUSING AUTHORITY”. If the amount of such cashier’s order is less than 10% of the purchase price, any outstanding balance should be paid by a personal cheque upon signing of the ASP (payment by company cheque and in cash will not be accepted).
- Applicable to the purchase of HA’s HOS flats
Green form / White form buyer for the purchase of HS SSF
After the applicant completed the flat selection, he/she will be informed the amount and payee of preliminary deposit in respect of the selected flat and remaining purchasing formalities by the HS. HS would arrange the applicant to attend an on-site inspection at the selected flat. The applicant and any family member who intend to be the joint owner must turn up at Podium Level 1, HA Customer Service Centre and sign PASP no later than 5:00 p.m. within the next working day after flat selection. When signing PASP, the applicant must prepare a cashier’s order equivalent to 5% of the purchase price of the selected flat as the preliminary deposit. Besides, the applicant shall attend the solicitors’ office within 5 working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holiday) after the date hereof to sign the ASP and pay the estimated stamp duty and a further deposit (equivalent to 5% of the purchase price). If the applicant fails to attend solicitors’ office to sign the ASP within 5 working days after the date hereof, the PASP will be rescinded and the deposit paid will be forfeited. No further flat selection opportunity will be offered to the applicant. The applicant who purchased the flat of Greenhill Villa/ Mount Verdant/ Terrace Concerto will have to pay the balance of the purchase price (equivalent to 90% of the purchase price) and complete the sale and purchase within 60 days after the signing of the PASP.
Flat Selection Arrangements When the Tropical Cyclone / Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is Issued (File removed 28/2/2023)
Please click the following links for "Register of Transactions" and "Status of Sale of Flats" of the developments:
Sale of Home Ownership Scheme Flats (HOS)
Sale of Recovered Flats from Estates under Tenants Purchase Scheme (TPS)